- Do I have to wear a helmet? Yes
- Can I wear headphones/IPOD while I compete? No
- Can I wear a wetsuit during the swim? If the water temperature is below 78 degrees Fahrenheit it is USAT legal.
- Can I pick-up my spouses, friends and/or teammates packets? No. It is a USAT rule that each athlete must present their government issued ID at the time of packet pick-up.
- Do I have to show-up at 5:30 even though my race doesnâ€™t start until later? Yes. All roads in and out of each venue needs to be closed well in advance of the start for the safety of the athletes.
- Do I have to wear a shirt on the bike and run? Yes.
- When do I get my timing chip and body markings? You will get your chip and body marked the morning of the race. We do not hand out chips at packet pick-up to minimize and/or eliminate lost chips.
- Do I have to wear the swim cap provided? Yes, we provide a bright colored swim cap for the safety of each athlete.
- How much time between each heat? 5 minutes.
- How are the heats determined? By age and gender. All teams will start in the last heat of their respective race I.e. Long Course or Short Course.
- Do I have to purchase a USAT One Day License if I am not a USAT Annual Licensed Member? Yes. This is required by USAT for every event. It is only valid for the day of the event and can not be transferred to another event. The fee is NOT included in your registration fee.
- Can I exchange my shirt size at the time of packet pick-up? No. When you register be sure to select the correct size. You will be provided the size that you chose when registering. The shirts are the standard menâ€™s sizing of Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large.
- If Iâ€™m on a team where do I get the timing chip from my teammates during the race? The swimmer must go to the bike rack where their teammate is located. The biker must return to the bike rack where the runner is located.
- Can you switch heats? No
What do I do if you lose your timing chip while competing? You must see the timing company. It is the timing companies responsibility to handle all timing and results.
- Where will race results be posted? All results will be posted on the home page of each respective race. All race results are final at 5:00 P.M. CST the day after each race.